This park is located in the north-central part of Mattoon at 12th Street and Champaign Avenue. Cunningham Park is the City of Mattoon’s oldest park having been established in 1858 and originally known as Allison-Cunningham Park.
For many years this park was adjacent to Washington Elementary School which was demolished in July 2004.
This park has a small playground area, a basketball court, and a big open area for play.
Location and contact